On this episode of the Lead the Future Podcast, Dr. Vince Molinaro is joined by Sharon Giraudel, Head of HR with New Gold Inc. Prior to joining New Gold Inc. in February of 2020, Sharon worked for Vale Canada, Inc. for 8 years and her last position was Director of Talent Management – Base Metals Division, whose scope included Canada, United Kingdom, China, Japan, Brazil, Indonesia, and New Caledonia. Sharon’s extensive experience and expertise in Human Resources allowed her to identify and lead a plan to invest and implement a leadership contract in her company.
Vince and Sharon discuss the importance of investing in leadership development and the role Human Resources plays in deploying tools, training, and principles of leadership accountability properly.
“Retention is not an HR problem. It’s a leadership and business problem.” – Sharon Giraudel
Key leadership insights to listen for
- How Sharon came across the Leadership Contract way
- The role of HR in positioning, implementing, and managing a leadership development plan
- Identifying silos within your organization and ways to come together as a team
- Developing a company-specific leadership contract
- What is the Leadership Contract?
- The correlation between leadership mediocrity in the organization and employee fulfillment and mental health in and out of the office
- The importance of instilling the Leadership Contract across your organization
- Reflections on critical considerations when identifying and defining leadership expectations
- Testing, collecting feedback, measuring, and supporting the entire leadership contract rollout as an HR leader
Sharon Giraudel is Head of Human Resources and has over 20 years of progressive HR experience. Prior to joining New Gold Inc. in February of 2020, she worked for Vale Canada, Inc. for 8 years and her last position was Director of Talent Management – Base Metals Division, whose scope included Canada, United Kingdom, China, Japan, Brazil, Indonesia, and New Caledonia. Prior to joining the mining industry, Sharon worked for financial services and customer packaged goods organizations. Throughout her career, her contributions focused on driving culture through engagement, systems, and performance. She holds a Master’s of Continuing Education in Leadership and Development from the University of Calgary, a Bachelor of Business Management in Human Resources from Ryerson Polytechnic University, and Certified Human Resources Leadership and Certified Scrum Master designations.
- Connect with Dr. Vince Molinaro & The Leadership Contract, Inc. On LinkedIn.
- Connect with Sharon Giraudel on LinkedIn
- The Leadership Contract Book
- Relevant Articles: The CEO-CHRO Relationship Is a Company’s Dynamic Duo, Leadership is Not an Individual Act, Is Your Company’s Leadership Culture an Asset or Liability, Is Your Extended Leadership Team Giving You a Competitive Edge?