If leaders haven’t gone through a merger or acquisition process, the likelihood is that they will at some point in their career. Between the disruptions brought about by the pandemic, supply chain issues, inflation, changing regulations and the volatile geo-political scenarios of today’s business environment, M&A activity will likely continue for quite some time.
In episode 13 of Lead the Future, Dr. Vince Molinaro and Jennifer Fondrevay discuss how senior leaders can prepare for human capital challenges when undergoing a merger or acquisition, as well as how leaders themselves can navigate the changing and often ambiguous environment that arises post M&A.
They go into more detail on base recommendations for leaders, such as:
- Be proud of your past achievements, but don’t rest on them
- Focus on your talent and impact, don’t cling to your title
- Maintain a positive attitude that looks for opportunities to grow and contribute
Jennifer J Fondrevay is the Founder and Chief Humanity Officer of Day1 Ready™, a consultancy that advises forward-thinking business leaders, owners and C-Suite executives on how to prepare for and manage the people challenges of Mergers & Acquisitions.
As a Fortune 500, C-Suite Marketing Executive who led teams through three separate multibillion-dollar acquisitions, Jennifer authored the satirical survivor’s handbook, “NOW WHAT? A Survivor’s Guide for Thriving Through Mergers & Acquisitions” which became a #1 new release on Amazon.
- Jennifer and Vince’s top “avoid this M&A mistake” advice for CEOs
- Top reasons M&A deals fail
- The emotional process employees (on both sides) go through during an M&A
- Key personality characteristics that arise in leaders during an M&A and how to manage them so they don’t undermine the process
- Signs an M&A might be in your organization’s future
- Jennifer’s advice for young leaders