Summer is finally in full gear.
For many this is the time to take some vacation and enjoy the amazing weather.
It’s also a good time to reflect on your leadership role.
Every year at this time, my Gut Check blog focuses on helping you reflect on the first six months of the year.
In my book, The Leadership Contract Field Guide, I provide a series of questions that you might find helpful to guide your reflection. You may simply take a few minutes to think about your answers to each of these questions. You may also want to find some time to sit down with your manager to have a quick mid-year discussion.
Have a look at them below and spend 10 – 15 minutes thinking about your responses.
- How did you show up as an accountable leader so far in 2019?
- In what specific ways did you step up as a leader?
- What were some critical leadership decisions that you made? What was the impact to your team and organization?
- What enduring value did you create for your key stakeholders? How did you make your team stronger? How have you worked more effectively with peers across the organization?
- What hard work of leadership did you tackle? Where did you demonstrate courage as a leader?
- How did you strengthen the sense of community among the leaders in your organization?
- Looking at the next six months of this year, in what specific ways will you need to continue to step up as a truly accountable leader?
I would be really interested to hear about some of your personal insights. Feel free to reach out to me with your comments.
I wish you a great summer and hope you find meaningful time to relax, re-energize and reconnect with your family and friends.
As for me, I will be doing the same. I will focus my energy on enjoying the weather, taking time with family and friends and writing. Yes, writing my next book.
As I’ve done in the past, I will also be taking a break from my gut check blogs. I will come back in September with more weekly gut check insights to help you become a more accountable leader!
This week’s gut check asks: Have you conducted your mid-year leadership gut check review?
We have many resources to help you become the most accountable leader you be, develop accountable leaders on your team, and scale leadership accountability across your organization.
Signup for our monthly newsletter with the latest Gut Check for Leaders, Lead the Future Podcast, and other important leadership accountability news.
Also, you can RSVP for our upcoming webinar, join our online community of accountable leaders, or buy Dr. Molinaro’s, latest book, Accountable Leaders, on Amazon.
© 2019 Dr. Vince Molinaro (Leadership Contract Inc.)