My team and I are reflecting on what we’ve accomplished this year.
I’ve written many times about the importance of reflection for leaders. I encourage leaders to take time out of their schedule regularly to check in and reflect on their progress, and the end of the year is a natural time to do this kind of self-assessment.
I do this kind of reflection myself. Right now, my team and I are working to sum up our accomplishments for the year, reflect on how the year has gone, and set goals for the upcoming year.
WHY IT MATTERS:
It’s all about gratitude.
As I reflect on all that we’ve accomplished, there is one word that summarizes how I’m feeling: gratitude.
I am grateful for our customers, the senior leaders we get to work with, our many partners, and of course, my amazing team. Their daily commitment, passion and drive for excellence is amazing.
Here are just a few of the things my team and I have accomplished this year. Over the past year:
- 1,369 senior leaders shifted their mindsets and behaviors and became truly accountable leaders through our development programs and keynotes, as well as thousands of more leaders worldwide, took part in our Leadership Contract programs through our strategic partners CrossKnowledge and LHH.
- 63 development sessions on individual, team, and shared accountability
- 3,569 total learning hours in virtual and in-person development sessions
- 26% average improvement in how leaders evaluated their individual leadership (post-program)
- 45% average improvement in how leaders evaluated the strength in the community of leaders in their organization (post-program)
Our team has also:
- Conducted 12 live webinars with over 290 participants who learned to build the leaders around them more effectively
- Launched and ran the Accountable Leaders Community for over 500 leaders to help them deal with navigating the pandemic. We made it available for free for the past 18 months as our way of supporting leaders at a critical time.
- Held 10 conversations with senior leaders on my Lead the Future podcast. We discuss how they were navigating the pandemic and looking ahead to the trends they expect will shape the next few years.
- Wrote 4 new ebooks, three of which will launch in Q1.
- Published 41 Gut Check for Leaders blogs
- Our Accountable Leaders book, which was launched in June 2020, has done exceptionally well at a very challenging time.
- Developed and field-tested our new Leadership Accountability System, which is helping us help businesses drive growth through accountable leadership.
- Launched new offerings direct-to-individual-leaders through public courses and a paid membership community, all designed to help leaders unlock the potential of their teams and scale leadership beyond themselves.
As we look ahead to 2022, we’re transitioning to a paid version of our Accountable Leaders Community. This is our first solution made directly available to leaders. Our focus is on tackling tough leadership decisions and helping leaders grow faster and more effectively by tapping into a global network and sharing experiences. We’re also making corporate pricing available for companies who want to buy memberships for multiple leaders within their organizations. Special launch pricing is available until December 31, 2021. We’re excited to see where this community can go in 2022.
We are grateful and indebted to our many customers who put their faith in us to help their leaders be more effective at a time of great change. We’re also grateful to the many partners who have helped us accomplish so much this year, in the midst of the challenges of the pandemic. I’m grateful to my team, who’ve worked hard to grow our community and provide top-notch service to our clients. And I’m grateful to you, the leader reading this post, for trusting me with your time and for being committed to being the best leader you can be. You inspire us every single day!
On behalf of my entire team, we wish you a safe and happy holiday season!
Introducing The Accountable Leaders Community
Join before December 31st to take advantage of special launch pricing!
What accomplishments are you most proud of this year?Gut Check for Leaders
- 5 year-end reflection questions every leader needs to ask themselves
- What new leadership insights did you learn this year?
- What does it really mean to be a leader today?
More Leadership Resources
We have many resources to help you become the most accountable leader you be, develop accountable leaders on your team, and scale leadership accountability across your organization.
Signup for our monthly newsletter with the latest Gut Check for Leaders, Lead the Future Podcast, and other important leadership accountability news.